Computer Vision with Warm Spring Optometric Group in Fremont, CA
Computer vision is a vision condition that is caused by the blue light that emanates from computer screens. While this light exists in sunlight, our eyes are not equipped for the prolonged exposure that heavy computer use brings. The situation can also be more complex for our patients who wear corrective glasses or lenses to treat their vision condition. Warm Springs Optometric Group, your eye doctors in Fremont, provide the treatment you need to combat the effects of daily computer and other device use.
We Provide Effective Computer Vision Treatment for Our Patients in the Greater Fremont Area
If you are experiencing issues with your vision that may be related to computer and device use, it is time to schedule an appointment with your optometrists in Fremont. Call us today if you have the following symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Pain or discomfort of the neck and shoulders
- Dry, itchy eyes
We will conduct a thorough examination to ensure that your vision does not need of correction, or that your current prescription level is up-to-date, and we will outfit you with blue light blocking glasses. If you already wear corrective glasses or lenses, your optometrists in Fremont can apply a coating that will protect your eyes from blue light and the eye strain that computers can cause. Our diagnosis will rely on testing your eyes for:
- Visual acuity
- Refraction abnormalities
- Ability to focus the eyes
- Eye coordination
Upon completion of the exam, we can provide you with protective lenses and also advise you on how to protect your eyes from developing or worsening computer vision problems:
- Practice the 20/20/20 Rule: every 20 minutes take an eye break and focus on an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Blink repetitively, and relax the eyes. After 2 hours of work take a 15-minute break when you do not look at your computer or any devices.
- Adjust the light source in your work area to reduce the amount of glare caused by your computer. Utilize natural lighting whenever possible.
- Sit 20 to 28 inches away from your screen, with the center of your computer monitor placed at about 15 to 20 degrees below eye level. Place an anti-glare screen over the monitor to cut down on blue light emissions.
Contact Warm Springs Optometric Group Today to Begin Your Computer Vision Treatment
If you are noticing that you are developing vision issues due to spending hours looking at a computer or other device screen, call the Warm Springs Optometric Group today at (510) 490-0287 to schedule an appointment to begin your treatment. Our office is conveniently located at 194 Francisco Lane in Fremont, CA. We hope to hear from you soon!