Consider the Shape of Your Face When Choosing Frames
When selecting frames, face shape is extremely important. There are several tips to follow when choosing frames for different face shapes.
- Oblong - A longer face often looks good with frames that have decorative additions at the temple area.
- Round - Narrow glasses that have angles are a good choice for those with round faces.
- Heart - You'll want to choose frames that are wider at the bottom to help balance greater width at the top of your face.
- Square - Narrow or oval shaped frames can flatter a square shaped face.
- Oval - You'll want to select glasses that are at least as wide as the widest part of your face.
Consider Your Skin Tone
It's important to consider both your skin tone and hair color when choosing a pair of frames. Skin tones are normally either "warm" or "cool." Warm skin tones with olive or yellow undertones look good with gold, brown, and beige colored frames. Cool skin normally has pinkish undertones and goes well with purple, blue, gray, and black.
Consider Your Lifestyle
If you're physically active, you'll likely want a pair of strong, solid frames that won't damage easily. If you're choosing frames primarily for business and you want to promote a professional image, rimless or stainless-steel frames are good choices. For a creative or artistic look, vintage or retro styles are an excellent option.
Consider Your Prescription
Your lens prescription can make a difference when deciding on a pair of frames. If you require bifocals or trifocals, you'll need larger frames to support this type of lens prescription. An optometrist can advise you regarding the best type of frames for your specific prescription.
Visit Our Experienced Optometrist
You'll want the guidance of an experienced optometrist when choosing the best frames. At Warm Springs Optometric Group in Fremont, CA, we offer a wide range of frames as well as an extensive selection of beautiful designer frames. We also offer complete vision services that include vision and eye exams, myopia therapy, LASIK management, and emergency eye care. Visit us at Warm Springs Optometric Group in Fremont, CA for all your vision needs.